Thursday, August 18, 2016

Your Prep Sports - The Name Says it All

Ryan Murken


By Ryan Murken

Your Prep Sports

What’s in a name?

As I awaited the birth of my first child more than six years ago I spent hours discussing and debating over possible names. ‘What’s in a name?’ I asked myself repeatedly.

Finally, as the due date for our baby got closer my wife and I settled on a name we both loved.

By the time our second child came along we were able to agree on a name with limited discussion.

When our third child arrived this summer I was a name picking expert. My wife and I were so confident in our ability in the task it wasn’t until after our daughter was born that we thought about names.

Before she turned an hour old she had a name. So yeah, I can pick a name with the best of them.

When it came to attaching a name to my latest career venture the choice was simple. The plan to create a website that would provide in-depth and comprehensive coverage of area high schools came together relatively quickly.

The idea for a name that would encapsulate what the site represented came even faster. Just like that yourprepsports.com was born.

Yourprepsports.com is dedicated exclusively to providing quality coverage of seven high schools (City High, West High, Liberty High, Regina, Solon, Clear Creek Amana and West Branch) in Johnson and Cedar counties.

Why Your Prep Sports? It’s simple – this website truly is about your prep sports.

The name describes precisely what we are about. It is coverage of your teams, your schools, your communities, your coaches and most importantly your kids.

The team at Your Prep Sports is outstanding. Journalists Pat Harty and Susan Harman have covered prep sports in Iowa for more than half a century and they’ve done it exceptionally well. Everyone at Your Prep Sports shares the same dedication to highlighting the achievements of the teams, coaches and kids that make this area such a vibrant spot for prep sports.

Even with the talented staff that we’ve assembled at Your Prep Sports it isn’t about us, it’s about your kids, your teams and your community. So what’s in a name?

At Your Prep Sports the name says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment