Monday, August 22, 2016

Aldrich-Ingram Commits to Drake


By Susan Harman

Your Prep Sports

IOWA CITY –
City High senior Alexa Aldrich-Ingram was an all-state volleyball player as a sophomore, but her college recruitment was somewhat slowed by her desire to play Division I volleyball and play somewhere close to home.

She solved both dilemmas by committing to continue her career at Drake.

City High senior Alexa Aldrich-Ingram
“I went on another visit with my dad; it was his first time seeing it,” Aldrich-Ingram said. “I went on another visit with my mom. Both my parents loved it. I already knew I loved the campus, I loved the coaching staff, and the team was just great. I had already looked at all the schools I wanted to look at so I chose that one.”

She has not been offered a scholarship because those are already spoken for, but she has been given the opportunity to make the team and eventually earn a scholarship.

“I started recruiting really late and my height obviously…” she said a week ago when still mulling options.

She is a dynamic right-side hitter, but she’s not the prototypical Division I height at 5-foot-8 or -9.

Aldrich-Ingram has the ability and the smarts to play other positions, and her versatility could be what attracted Drake.

“The coaches just seemed really interested, and I liked that part,” she said. “It made me feel more welcome. So that played a huge part, the coaches were really encouraging and sure they wanted me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment